Unless stated, all contents © Beccles Lido Ltd
Registered Charity No. 1132102
Hiring the Hall
Beccles Public Hall is a large meeting hall available for public use. It is a modern facility in an historic building. The Hall is the principal performance and community meeting place in Beccles. The main Hall measures approximately 15 metres x 8.5 metres (48 feet x 28 feet)
Beccles Public Hall is unique in the area, being a large venue with a full width stage. The stage is approximately 5.5 metres (18 feet) deep and can be extended up to 8.5 metres (27 feet). The stage is equipped with a basic lighting and audio system. Professional lighting, sound (including wireless microphone systems with a Channel 38 licence) and video systems are also available supported by experienced technical staff.
As a theatre, the Hall can seat an audience of up to 175 in the main auditorium with a further 48 in the gallery. There are also facilities for more intimate cabaret-style seating with tables (up to 120 people), gigs/dances (up to 200 people) and for exhibitions, fashion shows, craft fairs, private parties and many other similar events. The main Hall is fully accessible for wheelchair users with relevant associated facilities.
Beccles Public Hall is owned and managed by Beccles Lido Limited (BLL). The BLL directors are implementing a long term plan for the Hall to enable it to be improved, to increase visitor numbers and ensure the Hall is a viable entity. The Hall is staffed by community volunteers and can be hired for charitable, private and commercial events.
The facilities in the Hall include:
• a kitchen (awarded five stars under the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme) with facilities including an all-electric range cooker, microwave, refrigerator, hot water urns, kettles, teapots, two filter coffee makers and various crockery, cutlery & glasses
• a newly refurbished bar & refreshment facility (operated by the Hall management)
• two dressing rooms (in the basement)
• a Steinway grand piano
• a drop-down cinema screen (7.00m x 5.25m)
• 16 off 6’ x 2’6” rectangular tables
• 18 off 4’ diameter round tables (with table cloths if required)
• 30 off 2’ square tables (with table cloths if required)
• 230 upholstered chairs
• Room for tiered seating (supplied by outside hirer, additional charges apply, subject to availability)
• 6 off 4’ x 6’ padded screens.
If you are interested in finding out more about Beccles Public Hall, or would like to discuss a potential hire or to arrange an introductory visit where we can explain more fully the facilities we can offer and how we might be able to accommodate your event or activity, please contact:
5 Wesley Close, Beccles, Suffolk NR34 9UZ
Telephone: 01502 712329
The public access BPH web calendar showing all confirmed bookings of the Public Hall can be accessed here. The calendar shows when the hall is booked so if you are thinking of booking the hall for an event you can see at a glance if it is available for hire.
TO DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM, FEES, PROMOTION & ADVERTISING POLICY and TERMS & CONDITIONS, CLICK ON IMAGES SHOWN ON RIGHT >>>>>>
|Film at the Hall|
|Bar & Refreshments|